- Spera Health Physiotherapy
Helping you navigate pregnancy, birth, and beyond through exercise and wellness.
In a rapidly changing world where it’s becoming increasingly difficult to achieve balance in life, Spera Health Physiotherapy provides individual and insightful consultation for those seeking a realistic solution to restore their pelvic health.
We take a holistic, evidence-based approach to care, combined with clinical experience and patient preference, to help you achieve your goals.
Owner of Spera Health Physiotherapy
BSc (KIN), MSc (PT), CIDN, FCAMPT
About Me and My Practice
My practice strives to prevent, manage, reduce, or resolve common physical symptoms that are experienced during pregnancy or postpartum. Through my practice, my goal is:
- To prevent you from putting life on hold due to bladder leakage or debilitating pelvic pain.
- To ensure you are able to exercise in ways that make you happy, play with and lift your kids, and have an intimate relationship with your partner without pain.
- To empower women to go into birth feeling strong and confident in their bodies and have the guidance they deserve for optimal health and recovery postpartum.
- To always take an evidence-based approach to care and continue to stay current in my practice to maintain the highest standard of care for my patients.
As a registered physiotherapist I received a Masters of Science degree in Physical Therapy from McGill University and a Bachelors of Science degree in Honours Kinesiology from the University of Waterloo.
I have pursued professional development in several areas including manual therapy, soft tissue release, exercise prescription, acupuncture, and pelvic health. I have received my certification in Integrated Dry Needling and my Diploma of Advanced Manual and Manipulative Therapy making me a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT).
As a pelvic health physiotherapist, my practice has a special focus on prenatal and postpartum care. After going through pregnancy and birth myself, my passion for women’s health grew. In an effort to provide better maternal support I attained physio-doula training which combines physiotherapy expertise with birth doula support and became a Certified Postnatal Fitness Specialist.